Voluntary Social Media Specialist
We are looking for a talented Social Media specialist to work across all our social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
You will be responsible for creating posts and posting video content provided to you by Rob and the team. You will also take responsibility for managing posts and responding to followers. Basically, you get to manage our social media image and you'll get plenty of freedom to be as creative as you want in the role. After all, that's why you're here. We have clear goals and strategy for our social media accounts and you'll be given as much support as you need to make sure you can do your job to the best of your ability.
We aren't worried about you demonstrating a ton of previous experience, the person is more important, however as a Social Media specialist, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You will be a good communicator, able to express yourself & on behalf of the Dudes & Dogs creatively.
- Perform research on current trends and audience preferences as well as monitoring analytics regularly
- Help to continually evolve and implement our social media strategy to align with business goals
- Create & maintain a database on upcoming awareness days that are relevant to Dudes & Dogs and ensure relative posts are prepared in advance
- Generate an end of month summary to update on progress & performance
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content frequently (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news). We will provide you with any content you require
- Collaborate with everyone in the Dudes & Dogs team
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner on all messaging platforms and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design such as Facebook covers or profile pictures
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Be able to use, or happy to train to use, Canva
These are 'good to have' Social Media Manager skills rather than 'vital'; the person is more important to us:
- Working knowledge of Canva
- Previous work experience as a Social media manager isn't essential but preferable
- Previous experience in content management
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Able to instruct other members of the Dudes team for what you need from them (e.g videos from Rob) to continue delivering content
- Some knowledge of how to use analytics and FB ads would be helpful
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Be passionate about the Dudes message.
To find out more, or to apply, please contact email@example.com.
Please note - This is currently a voluntary role and we can't make promises that will change, however our aim is to be fully self sustainable and be able to recruit for paid roles in the future.