Funding & Grants Manager
We're looking for an an individual to help us apply for and, hopefully, gain funding and grants that will help Dudes & Dogs continue to spread our message that it's not just okay to talk; it's vitally important.
At Dudes & Dogs, we're well on our way to making ourselves sustainable as a long term organisation, which doesn't have to rely on volunteers and funding grants, and this role will be a key part of that journey, and beyond.
The role will embrace your skill set, while giving you the chance to develop. It will also include and not be limited to:
• Identifying as many relevant funding opportunities as possible, managing the application process through grant approval to completion.
• With our initial guidance; responsibility for the quality of all aspects of the bids, including written documentation and presentations to ensure that all bid documentation is clear, concise and, crucially, compelling. You will co-ordinate with Rob and the team to ensure the visual standard of all documentation and presentation material is of the highest standard.
• Co-ordinating all parties involved in the bid process to ensure everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected of them and knows when their deadlines are. You will ensure all timelines are met, and that the bid submitted is as complete and accurate as possible, whilst also best reflecting what Dudes & Dogs can offer.
• Responsibility for liaising with Rob and the team to ensure that we understand both the opportunities, and the workloads, deadlines and what content (such as video) you need from us to maximise our chance with funding applications.
• For developing and managing a database for monitoring current & future opportunities and, where relevant, the requirements needed to win funding.
These are 'good to have' skills rather than 'essential'; we can help you learn, the individual is more important to us.
- Previous experience in funding applications for other organisations or in the not for profit sector.
- Capable in use of worksheets to record and report back on activity as well as monitoring opportunities.
- A calm approach to deadlines and an understanding of the importance of meeting them whilst being able to work autonomously at times. Ideally you will be well organised, level-headed, and focused, and able to hit tight deadlines without ever compromising quality.
- We have to be reactive and flexible to what's going on. The way we work can be fast-paced and at times last minute, but it is highly rewarding. You need to be committed & passionate about what we are trying to do here at Dudes & Dogs. You need to be excited by & open to new ideas and different thinking to help us make our message a global one.
You will be working with people who's goal is to genuinely help others and make a difference to the world and you need the same attitude. We want to do things differently and establish a workspace environment for you and us that allows us to all feel safe and thrive; part of that is practising what we preach.